Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Always one of the first downloads





I recently got a new test Mac here at work. It's a MacBook Pro, which I'm using for our First Look video shoots (expect many new First Looks of Mac software in the coming weeks). People often ask me what is the first program I download on a new Mac, and the last few times it has been Adium X. Adium X is a solid chat program that can connect to multiple chat clients simultaneously. Once set up, I can chat with the IT folks if I'm having problems with my new machine, and I can quickly send messages to co-workers about what we're working on. The chat client is an indispensible tool in many users' working environments and Adium X is the best option for Mac.

Also this week, we have OmniGraffle, which helps you make flowcharts, graphs, diagrams, and just about any presentation, easy to understand and elegant. Our game this week is "Midnight Mansion," the popular 2D arcade platformer that's fun for all ages.

No comments:

Blog Archive